MOVIEWORLDACTION FORUM

a Forum for SUPERHERO FANS COMICBOOKMOVIE & COMICBOOK FANS NON NOLAN FANS AND REAL TRUE AMERICAN COMIC BOOK FANS!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What's next for the Batfranchise?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
supersamrises

PostSubject: What's next for the Batfranchise?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 pm

What's next for the Batman movie franchise? Now that Christopher Nolan has finished his Dark Knight trilogy and with the arrival of next Summer's Superman reboot Man of Steel and WB obviously prepping a Justice League film, when and how will we see Batman on the big screen next?

Given the way The Dark Knight Rises ended, one would think we could easily see a spin-off with John Blake picking up the cape and cowl or becoming a new crime-fighter (Robin or Nightwing, perhaps). But with Chris Nolan continually saying that as of July 21st he's finished with Batman, any new film set in the same continuity as his films seems unlikely.

I, personally, would love to see a more forward adaptation of some of the best Batman stories, with the tone being similar to that of the Batman: Arkham video games. For instance, a straight live-action adaptation of Year One, Arkham Asylum and/or The Dark Knight Returns would be terrific. Who says we stop there? We could go on with Knightfall, No Man's Land, The Killing Joke or even A Death in the Family. What's cool is, we could connect all this films by setting them all in the same continuity and with them all having the same cast. Plus, chronologically, a Year One film followed by The Long Halloween and eventually a Dark Knight Returns film would make sense.

Just a thought. What are some of your thoughts?

Last edited by supersamrises on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KINGMOVIEWORLD
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's next for the Batfranchise?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 pm

def a more comicbook animated series influenced Batman movie! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://movieworldactionshow.forumotion.com
ac

PostSubject: Re: What's next for the Batfranchise?   Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:30 pm

I think they will leave the direct adaptations of comic stories to the animated movies. For live action they probably want to do stuff influenced by the comics but not directly like them. Definitely the Arkham games are what they would like to do the style of I think-dark enough for those who like that but with more fantastical elements to make them closer to the comics and to fit with the rest of the universe. I am picturing like they call it just The Batman or something, something different yet simple. They probably won't do an origin again but basically at this point I'd just love to see a great Batman and Robin story. How about something with Batman even wearing blue and grey instead of all black? Would be something to see in live action at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KINGMOVIEWORLD
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's next for the Batfranchise?   Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:36 pm

ac wrote:
I think they will leave the direct adaptations of comic stories to the animated movies. For live action they probably want to do stuff influenced by the comics but not directly like them. Definitely the Arkham games are what they would like to do the style of I think-dark enough for those who like that but with more fantastical elements to make them closer to the comics and to fit with the rest of the universe. I am picturing like they call it just The Batman or something, something different yet simple. They probably won't do an origin again but basically at this point I'd just love to see a great Batman and Robin story. How about something with Batman even wearing blue and grey instead of all black? Would be something to see in live action at this point.
i agree i want more fantastical batman with robin thats still dark and more accurate to source material! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://movieworldactionshow.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's next for the Batfranchise?   

Back to top Go down

What's next for the Batfranchise?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MOVIEWORLDACTION FORUM :: DC COMICS AND MOVIES IN GENERAL-
Jump to: