MOVIEWORLDACTION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOVIEWORLDACTION FORUM

a Forum for SUPERHERO FANS COMICBOOKMOVIE & COMICBOOK FANS NON NOLAN FANS AND REAL TRUE AMERICAN COMIC BOOK FANS!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guillermo Del Toro Discusses HULK TV Show & FRANKENSTEIN Read

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnthonyP23

AnthonyP23

Guillermo Del Toro Discusses HULK TV Show & FRANKENSTEIN Read Empty
PostSubject: Guillermo Del Toro Discusses HULK TV Show & FRANKENSTEIN Read   Guillermo Del Toro Discusses HULK TV Show & FRANKENSTEIN Read I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 am

Director Guillermo del Toro ("Pacific Rim") recently chatted with Shock Till You Drop about his upcoming projects; Frankenstein and the Hulk television series that he is creating for ABC.
nailbiter111 - 10/3/2012

It's fair to say that Guillermo del Toro is a very busy man, as it seems his name is always attached to multiple projects no matter what year it is. One such project that he has been working on is his own Frankenstein film. He tells Shock Till You Drop that Universal Co-Chairman, Donna Langley, has put the film on track, and Guillermo and his team will begin working on the script. He envisions that the script will take a couple years to complete.

Shock: How has the story remained relevant?

Del Toro: I think it will never go away. Because some figures you can reinterpret in so many ways. You can do Tarzan in space, Tarzan in the future, Tarzan in the past. You can do Frankenstein as a metaphor for consumerism. You can do Frankenstein as a metaphor for the loneliness of man. You can do Sherlock Holmes in London 2012. You can do Sherlock Holmes in World War II. They are timeless. So Frankenstein is one of these characters, in this gallery, that belong to humanity. Their stories will be repeated time and again, and we will be telling them for as long as we are human.

Shock: One could argue there’s never been an entirely successful version of Frankenstein that’s remained very faithful to Shelly’s novel. Do you see yours as that version, or will it be a looser interpretation?

Del Toro: I think the moment that the only quality you can claim is faithfulness… It’s a very difficult, tricky slope. Because then anytime that you deviate from that, you’re betraying the very goal you submitted. I’m being very faithful to trying to encompass the whole narrative of the novel. I’m being very faithful in that I’m trying to capture the spirit of the novel, when I read it as a kid, and how it impacted me. I recognize that it’s both biography and prophecy about my life. It’s a very personal film. In many ways it’s the most personal film I’ll ever make, because my connection with the creature is very profound and deep and I don’t think there’s any other monster that has affected me as much.

Read more at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down

Guillermo Del Toro Discusses HULK TV Show & FRANKENSTEIN Read
Page 1 of 1